Monday, August 4, 2008

Private School vs. Homeschooling

I rant a lot about public schools. Quite frankly, I think they suck. Just my honest opinion. Feel free to disagree with me.

But what about private schools?

Off the top of my head:
  • They are generally smaller and have a better teacher-to-student ratio.
  • They have a more challenging curriculum.
  • Parents pay for the privilege of having their kids attend, so the parents are more motivated to make sure their kids do well.
  • Private schools can boot any kid that is a troublemaker.
  • Many times, the teachers, parents and students see each other outside of class (at church), so they all know each other better.
  • Teachers can freely and openly talk about God and Jesus.

Now, I don't think private schools are equal to homeschooling, but I think (and this is just my opinion) that they are an option I might consider if I needed to. I certainly would feel better about private schools as opposed to public schools.

Comments? Thoughts?

No comments: