"I can't afford it. Both of us have to work!"
Aside from the fact that the second income may not really be helping (when you factor in child care, etc.), let's assume you need to have two incomes.
Did you know there are lots of options for women (and men) who want to work but need to be at home?
- Ebay is one option. Clean out your house and make some moola.
- Telecommute. See if your current job can be done from home.
- Freeleance work. Writing and marketing jobs can be done this way.
- Home businesses. You can either start your own biz or join a Direct Sales company.
- Turn a hobby or passion into a business.
I do a combination of #3 and #4. Right now, my income comes from my home business (with a gourmet food company), but I am releasing 3 books this year, and I believe that will contribute greatly to my income. I would love to make a living at #5, but I have yet to find a way to turn my fondness for watching Star Trek reruns into a profitable home biz. Hehehehehehe
My true goal is to make enough to keep my hubby at home hand have him not need to work. We'll see how that goes! LOL