Monday, December 10, 2007

"He who sows the wind, reaps the whirlwind...."

This weekend, there was yet another shooting.

Two shootings in one day, both involving places of places of worship in Colorado.

I find it horrifying how many times we turn on the news to find yet another shooting has occurred. At a school. At a mall. At places of worship. At a workplace.

The majority of these shootings are carried out by men in their teens and twenties/thirties. I do not think it is a coincidence that these men are in the generations since the Bible has been taken out of school.

Say what you want about the seperation of church and state - at least having the Bible in schools helped lay a moral foundation of some sort. Instead, there is no direction for these young people today, unless they get it at home (and many don't).

I was not raised in a Christian home, but I thank God that I had teachers that were not afraid to be a moral role model for me and give some guidance - even at the risk of their careers.

Have you ever wondered what happens when you raise a generation of kids that know nothing of God?

Guess what? We are finding out. Bang bang.


No comments: